Teachings of Peter Wagner group

I have been thinking over the question of what is wrong with Peter Wagner's teachings. As I read through some of his letters posted at Global Harvest Ministries, I could find examples in the bible which he could use to support his writings loosely, but still with possibility. Then I realised that the answer, as I have been saying in the past about the entire spiritual warfare movement, is Jesus Christ has become secondary to all teachings on prophecies, spiritual warfare methods and spoils of war, financial blessings, establishment of dominions and apostolic ministry etc. In other words, the sole attention is now turned towards the movement itself rather than the centrality of Jesus Christ and His message. It has turn towards the esoteric and special revelations that are coming out of the mouths of these self-termed apostles and prophets. It makes me think whether this is another form of gnosticism and the scriptures no longer apply when compared to these prophecies. The removal of Christ from its central focus and the usurp of authority from the scriptures by new revelations and prophecies delivered by a few and which are hardly evaluated for its authenticity, is I think the biggest problem with this movement and its teachings.

Comments