Developing a Practical Model for Interpretation

It's been some time since my last entry. A lot of things happen in between and I hope I will be able to catch up and post them here. But at the moment, I am contemplating of a practical model which my congregation could use to help them in reading and understanding their bible. In the next few entries, I hope to describe this model and develop it for practical use. Suffice at the moment to list down the three levels of interpretation which will form the framework for development. In my model, I am suggesting three levels of meanings. The first level involves how actors understand actions, events, discourse, surroundings etc. The second level involves the meanings conveyed by authors for their audiences and the third would be how we relate and apply these meanings as truths that guide our actions in Christ.

Comments